What We’re Looking For:
As a Product Marketing Manager for the Web Development vertical, you’ll have the responsibility of serving our flagship product and largest student population. Your scope will be wide and your impact must be deep. You’ll work across every element of the offering and several different teams -- Marketing, Admissions, Academics, Partnerships, and more. You’ll become the key source of truth of who our students are, what their goals are, and how the market is changing.
Your work will be the difference maker in helping students decide to accelerate their career with a 2U bootcamp, partnering with the Learning team to define the very product we offer and with our go-to-market teams to make sure students know it is their best option.
This job will require sophisticated communication skills, force you to learn quickly, and challenge your ability to distill and communicate complex ideas and topics. You’re a high-energy, optimistic leader who loves to find the ‘truth’ inside of unstructured problems.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Serve as the "co-pilot" to the Program Lead, who has revenue and P&L responsibility for the entire vertical, shaping the problems and opportunities they focus on
- Own the evolving truth of the Student, the Market, and the Value Prop, and aligning teams around the right problems to solve
- Develop and define the learner personas in your verticals, shaping the entire organization’s understanding of who our learners are
- Lead the definition of the right products & positions to build & win your verticals, helping to size the outcomes and product ‘promises’ that are most valuable
- Define and then manage the deployment of ‘in-market’ tests to test hypotheses about demand & value propositions for new product development
- Work with Marketing and Admissions to build content and marketing experiences that define the value proposition and market position of our offerings
- Help shape 2U bootcamp’s long-term position in the Web Development vertical and creating network effects that create differentiated value for our students and partners
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.