What We’re Looking For:
The Digital Marketing Specialist plays a key role in driving the execution of digital marketing strategy for a portfolio of online university short courses. Reporting to the Portfolio Marketing Manager, the role provides tactical and strategic direction to achieve targets with a strong emphasis on analysis and data-driven decision-making. The Digital Marketing Specialist also works closely with different functions across the Digital Marketing spectrum including Product Strategy & Research, Digital Media, SEO, Email, Sales as well as a diverse broader stakeholder group.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Defining course-level investment strategy.
- Representing the Strategy team in various multi-stakeholder meetings for the associated portfolio.
- Monthly analysis & forecasting of course performance.
- Digital media planning & budget allocations.
- Conducting deep-dive analyses of courses where necessary to problem-solve and establish renewed tactics.
- Working closely with supporting Marketing teams including Brand, Market Research, Email and Sales.
- Supporting the Portfolio Marketing Manager in portfolio-level spend decisions & tactics to ensure an optimal return on investment.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Marketing Degree or similar qualification with 5 years marketing experience, including at least 2 years in digital media.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of key digital marketing platforms, including Facebook Business Manager, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, etc.
- Strong Excel and Google Docs business skills.
- Comfortable analysing and making decisions with digital marketing performance data.
- Self-starter and voracious learner who is analytical, organised and able to guide strategic direction whilst managing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Intermediate skills or the desire to learn Tableau and Salesforce (preferred).
- A sound understanding of the Digital Marketing ecosystem.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.