What We're Looking For:
2U’s Placement team is vital in the student enrollment lifecycle in identifying internship sites and matching this real world field work to students as a part of their Master’s curricula. The Placement team is a part of the Post-Enrollment Services team, which is focused on providing white glove customer service to students, faculty and university partners.
The Student Placement Specialist will form relationships with both students and internship sites where students can acquire hands-on learning and experience in their chosen field. The person in this role will be responsible for building new relationships and maintaining existing partnerships with placement sites. The Field Placement Specialist is key in ensuring retention through on-time placements and maintaining students’ enrollment status in each program.
Relationships matter and make service your mission are two of 2U's guiding principles. These come together when faced with managing difficult conversations, varying points of view and resolving issues across parties. As part of any customer facing role it is inevitable your responsibilities will include working proactively through complex interactions and relationships. You will be called upon to manage professionally through situations like these to ensure the best possible outcomes for our students and partners and long term relationships.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Managing all aspects of placement for our online Master’s programs in a specified territory to ensure overall student success in the program.
- Developing new partnerships and maintaining relationships with agencies for placements
- Matching agencies with students and placing them with a sense of urgency to prevent any lapse in class registration
- Providing exceptional service to students throughout the placement cycle
- Working with counterpart at the university and legal team on contract execution of partnership agreements to finalize agency contracts
- Creating individual strategy for long term placement relationships as well as fulfilling “one off” placement requirements for students
- Providing consistent and professional communication to students throughout the entire placement process via phone and email
Things That Should Be in Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s Degree or other advanced degree preferred
- Preferably 2 years experience providing strategic direction to growing operations with focus on a proactive, forward thinking, scalable approach to creating processes
- Previous experience in a fast paced, metrics driven environment
- Previous experience in a customer service oriented environment
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Must have comfort in communicating and establishing rapport in a professional manner across the following mediums: phone, email, video conference and in-person
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Strong sense of system orientation and focus on providing “white glove” service to our students and faculty
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our 2U line of business.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.