What We’re Looking For:
The intermediate IT Support Engineer understands user behaviour and is responsible for ensuring both hardware and software are adequately maintained and installed. The incumbent solves a multitude of issues that range from hardware, software, network or communications problems. He/she provides high quality, face to face support to end users in our organisation.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Provide day to day support of all hardware, software, networking, security and telephony for end users.
- Realise the entire scope of an issue and ensure full resolution.
- User and password administration for Active Directory, GSuite and other applications in use at 2U.
- Provide exceptional customer service by understanding the customer needs and ensuring their expectations and standards are met.
- Ensure all processes and procedures are followed to meet compliance requirements.
- Create “how-to” guides to assist users with standard processes.
- Provide end user training on new systems or technology to aid process adherence.
- Ensure timely updates/feedback are provided.
- Manage assigned problems through to resolution and close tickets.
- End user support of the following technologies:
- VoIP Telephone systems.
- PC & Mac software and hardware.
- Basic network troubleshooting.
- Application support (Google Apps, Salesforce, Microsoft Office).
- Video Conferencing.
- Active Directory, Single Sign On and Multi-factor authentication.
- Is able to identify the root cause of most user reported issues and provide resolution without assistance from Senior team members.
- This role should identify recurring problems and escalate complex technical issues to his/her team lead or senior technical team members.
- A Intermediate IT Support Engineer can suggest process and technical resolution however approval should be obtained from the team lead before implemented.
- Learning new systems and technologies to keep up with current with changes in the industry.
Show understanding of technical solutions implemented at 2U and the ability to resolve at least 90% of issues independently.
Tertiary studies in technology (eg Diploma).
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 2 Years experience in an IT Support Role.
- A+, N+ or similar industry certifications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent administrative ability.
- Strong troubleshooting skills across a variety of IT technologies.
- Driven to improve customer satisfaction.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Fast-paced office environment with many active users who require assistance.
- The individual will be based in a small office environment at a designation workstation however the role requires face to face support in many instances.
- This role may need to work at different office locations in Cape Town.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand, move and work throughout the office area and properties, including walking up and down flights of stairs, sitting at a designated desk/workstation for the duration of the day.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.