What We’re Looking For:
The Part-Time Quality Reviewer works within the Learning team to ensure the overall quality of our final Product Management boot camp product and is tasked with testing materials before they reach our students, creating and prioritizing issues for Curriculum Engineers to address, and tracking progress to close.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Complete a review for all asynchronous curriculum, synchronous instructor-led lesson plans, and assignments from the perspectives of both student and instructor. Tasks include:
- Download and install software packages required to complete activities
- Follow the step-by-step instructions and validate if the steps are clear, complete, and produce expected results
- Assess the level of student readiness to complete the tasks based on previously provided learning materials
- Rate how engaging a student might find the activity
- Assess the generalized application of the skills taught
- Assess consistency of all materials
- Confirm the “teachability” of all lesson plans that instructors are to deliver
- Document all findings in written form identifying areas for improvement and making specific recommendations on changes required
- Provide screenshots and detailed outputs of the step-by-step completion, as well as solutions files
- Present findings verbally, as needed, to key curriculum staff and subject matter experts
- Upload work (i.e. written responses, code, etc) to a shared work folder
Things That Should Be In Your Background: Degree or coursework in a technical domain, business, project management or product management
- Experience with boot camp curriculum, either as a content developer, instructor, or student
- Experience in product management or field adjacent to product management (e.g., software development, business analyst, project manager, account manager, marketing professional, designer, etc.
- Experience working with technical subject matter experts and teams of editorial experts.
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct work and adapt to changing requirements quickly
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills with superior attention to detail and demonstrated problem-solving success.
- Demonstrated ability to copy edit and proofread
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
2U will consider qualified job applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law, including Los Angeles' Fair Chance Ordinance.