What We’re Looking For:
Are you a passionate tech professional with a knack for changing lives? Do you love writing, teaching, and storytelling as much as you love writing Python code? Are you a blockchain wizard who loves discussing the latest trends in the field? Then we may have the position for you.
At Trilogy Education Services, we’re creating programs to train new audiences for careers in the tech industry. Our programs are taught at leading universities across the country including the University of Pennsylvania, University of California Berkeley, Northwestern, UNC Chapel Hill, Rutgers, UT Austin, and many others. We pride ourselves on building high-quality programs that help ambitious, hardworking adults change their lives through practical skills, fundamental knowledge, and the confidence to advance their careers.
We’re looking for a top-notch educator or developer with a love for teaching, inspiring, and helping newcomers enter the field of financial technology. The program we’re developing combines theoretical teaching with plenty of hands-on practical, skills-based training.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- You will be responsible for dreaming up and creating instructional activities for demonstrating key concepts in the area of financial technology.
- You will write curriculum content for delivery by instructors and for students to learn independently, online, ensuring that all content is instructive, engaging, and teachable.
- You will be responsible for improving portions of our curriculum based on student learning data -- and continually asked to create improved content for teaching topics covered in our program.
- You will be responsible for incorporating new technology trends into the curriculum.
- Lastly, and most importantly, you will be responsible for making sure our program is the very best fintech training program it can be. We want the person in this role to feel accountable to our students’ success in the same way we hold ourselves accountable to their success in all other areas.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- You have a lot of technical experience. We’re building a program in which students learn by doing! At a minimum, you will write about topics and tools like:
- Python (Pandas, PyViz, Numpy, Scikit Learn)
- Trading Algorithms
- Machine Learning
- Blockchain (Solidity)
- Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum)
- You are a strong writer. This program requires a balance of creative and technical writing to build lessons that teach technical skills in an approachable way.
- You absolutely love teaching and sharing knowledge with others. It’s ideal if you’ve taught financial technology or programming in the past. Major plus if you’ve spoken at conferences, or have experience with online or asynchronous learning.
- You love learning. This program will require a great deal of ingenuity to create at scale. We want someone who is excited by the idea of creating KYC applications in blockchain or machine learning-powered trading algorithms, and isn’t afraid to dive into a new programming language or technology
- You can work well in a distributed team. We’ve got a team of brilliant curriculum developers who can build amazing content. We want someone who can bring expertise and new ideas to the program.
- You appreciate continuous improvement. In this capacity, you’ll be responsible for keeping a living curriculum up-to-date for hundreds of Instructors and TAs across the country. This means working with Github issues, pull requests, and bug fixes. It also means taking in community input on technology trends and feedback on the curriculum. We need a team member with an infectious enthusiasm for feedback and a collaborative spirit.
- You are looking for more than just a job. Deep within all of us at Trilogy is the belief that our programs change lives. Each month we hear from countless students attesting to how our program brought them new skills, landed them new jobs, and a renewed sense of confidence. This impact is what our work is really about to us.
- Bonus: You have at least 3+ years of industry experience in the financial technology sector. This is a great place to build your skills and learn new ones!
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our Trilogy line of business.
Trilogy Education, a brand of 2U Inc., partners with the best universities in the world to create and manage skills-based instructional programs (boot camps) to provide training for today’s workers with tomorrow’s skills.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.