What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a thoughtful, collaborative and results-driven engineering leader with experience running teams of 5 to 10 engineers in an agile environment. You care about delivering quality software in a sustainable and timely manner, striking the appropriate balance between technical leadership and achieving results via your team. You are comfortable using and providing guidance in techniques like test-driven development (TDD), pair programming and retrospectives. You have experience in, and passion for, building and supporting effective teams that deliver and thrive.
The Marketing team maintains and develops the current tools that produce and deliver marketing content for our partners. This content suite aims to streamline, enhance and standardize marketing content strategy, production, delivery and utility for internal 2U users, and provide consistent, highly usable, and stable content to prospective and current students and faculty. Additionally, the team is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment. We believe the diversity of our team is a key factor of our success.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- You are a skilled engineer, able to:
- Make direct technical contributions (writing, debugging, reviewing, refactoring and deploying code)
- Provide technical guidance and feedback to your team members
- Lead technical design of applications and participate in larger system design efforts
- Advocate for end user needs in software you are building
- You are a experienced manager, able to own and direct your team in:
- Planning and execution of short and medium term projects
- Hiring, engaging, developing and advocating for members of your team. Occasionally assisting with hiring on adjacent teams
- Coaching and supporting collaboration across an international, distributed team
- Assessing, reporting, and improving systems and processes in your charge
- Collaborating effectively with Product team (product managers, business analysts, and UX designers) to define and refine requirements
- You have experience in (or clear potential for understanding) higher education ecosystem, 2U’s 3 year strategy and major goals, and can align and execute your team’s deliverables accordingly
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Release management tools like Docker, Kubernetes and Buildkite
- Relational databases like Postgres
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Mentorship and career development of team members
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Familiarity with AWS products like Lambda, Aurora / RDS, SQS
- Understanding of where the consumer tech industry is heading and the trade-offs of trending solutions
- Ability to work closely with tech and business leadership to align team efforts and goals to company's short and long-term strategies
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies, broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our 2U line of business.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.