What We’re Looking For:
A Learning Technologist is the person responsible for the uploading and quality checking of learning content during the Development, Review and/or Evaluation of courses across learning environments, as well as supporting Online Campus projects such as maintenance and roll outs.
This is a fixed-term contract role.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Development of new and existing online courses across learning environments, and University partners.
- Adhere to course development quality standards and standard content upload methodologies to upload content onto the Online Campus.
- Advanced understanding and use of Moodle learning management system:
- Activity and resource settings.
- Gradebook configuration and settings.
- Moodle site-wide configuration and settings.
- Course configuration settings.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Support with quality control assurance through peer review and quality standards reviews.
- Support with the implementation of new instructional toolkit activities and resources.
- Understanding and application of basic User Experience Design principles across desktop and mobile devices.
Course maintenance and management and implementation of all Learning Technology ad hoc requests and/or bug fixes across University partners and learning environments.
- Receiving, assigning, and executing requests that require content changes/updates.
- Analysing and identifying ways to improve the process.
- Conducting site-wide audits on content or settings.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Relevant degree or qualification beneficial but not essential.
- Previous experience working on a Learning Management System or similar platform.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- From time to time a need to work University partner hours may be required.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.