What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for Admissions Counselors to recruit prospective students for one of our prestigious, highly-ranked University partners’ programmes. Recruiting qualified applicants for the top-tier programmes we partner with requires a consultative approach, an ability to meet challenges head-on, and a passion for changing lives through high quality education. In the role you will be the first point of contact for each and every student so a tenacious go getter attitude is a must. Due to the nature of this role, UK working hours will be the standard (10h00 to 19h00 Monday to Friday). You may also be required to work on a Saturday, should it be business requirements or need.
Relationships matter and make service your mission are two of 2U's guiding principles. These come together when faced with managing difficult conversations, varying points of view and resolving issues across parties. As part of any customer facing role it is inevitable your responsibilities will include working proactively through complex interactions and relationships. You will be called upon to manage professionally through situations like these to ensure the best possible outcomes for our students and partners and long term relationships.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Manage and respond to incoming queries and work progressively to close the sale, through execution of the appropriate contact strategies.
- Contacting international prospects via email and telephone to recruit them for the university. Must conduct a high quantity of contacts to inquiries to secure application and enrollment towards the programme(s).
- Communicating approved admissions presentations to promote programmes to prospective students.
- Determine appropriateness of candidates for admission based on admission requirements and career goal compatibility.
- E-mailing correspondence to prospective students to follow up with their intent to complete an application.
- Conducting follow-up activity with prospective students to ensure they are able to successfully complete the admissions and enrollment process.
- Closely assist and mentor students through the admissions process.
- Being persistent with a passion for education.
- Represent the University Partner to the best of your ability, keeping in mind that you need to protect the integrity, brand and reputation of the institution through every engagement with prospective students.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- 1+ year of phone-based experience in a metrics-driven environment.
- Strong sales and customer service background.
- Experience in higher education is advantageous.
- Verbal and written fluency in English.
- Excellent computer literacy.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish rapport with customer base.
- Ability to focus on specific quantifiable goals and deliver goals on a consistent basis.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask responsibilities at all times.
- Ability to utilise creative problem-solving skills to overcome any obstacles while guiding potential students through our course enrollment process.
- Strong closing and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to contact students internationally.
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Passion and a 'can-do' attitude.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.