The IT HelpDesk Technician will be responsible for providing Tier 2 technical support to all of their fellow 2U employees. We are looking for a hard working, organized, collaborative individual with previous IT HelpDesk experience who understands the importance of customer service.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- The resolution of a moderate to high volume of HelpDesk cases related to technical issues with a heavy emphasis on customer service.
- Serving as an escalation point for difficult and challenging HelpDesk cases for fellow IT HelpDesk team members.
- Provisioning, deprovisioning, and tracking of web tools access.
- Provisioning, deprovisioning, and tracking of IT hardware, accessories, and peripherals.
- Providing high-level, white-glove technical support to high profile 2U employees.
- Creation of documentation related to HelpDesk processes and policies.
- Creation of documentation related to HelpDesk case troubleshooting.
- Completion of IT HelpDesk projects that assist the IT HelpDesk in reaching its goals.
- Providing on site and remote resolution of common desktop computing issues (PC and Mac), and acting as local enforcement for IT security policies.
- Enforcing and practicing of our 2U IT HelpDesk standard policies and processes for hardware asset management.
Education and Experience:
- Strong customer service background required.
- Experience with Salesforce (specifically Salesforce cases), Google Apps, and JIRA preferred.
- Experience with PBX telephone concepts and programming
- On site and remote desktop troubleshooting skills for PC and Mac, software and hardware
- Broad experience with web based computing services (video conferencing, CRM software, service ticketing solutions, Google application suites, CMS software)
- Experience with MS Windows domain environment (Windows Server, Active Directory, LDAP, DHCP, license management, workstation imaging, access controls)
- Experience with Single Sign On and Multi-Factor authentication preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, and concise manner.
- Ability to work late and emergency hours when necessary to maintain a high level of service.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment.
- Ability to balance daily casework with project based work.
Ability to work in a collaborative team environment. Available to occasionally work outside of standard business hours (on a rotational basis) in order to provide after hours technical support to fellow 2U employees.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.