What We’re Looking For:
The IT HelpDesk Manager will be based in Boca Raton, FL and will responsible for managing a Tier 1/2 HelpDesk team, while assisting the Sr. Director, IT HelpDesk to ensure that top quality technical support is provided to all of their fellow employees. We are looking for a hard working, organized, collaborative individual with previous IT HelpDesk experience who understands the importance of customer service.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Managing a Tier 1/2 HelpDesk team, ensuring they are operating efficiently, and providing them support so that they can learn, grow, and perform their job effectively
- Acting as an escalation point for HelpDesk cases and other IT issues that require manager approval from within the HelpDesk
- Assisting the Sr. Director, IT HelpDesk with the oversight of provisioning cases and the HelpDesk case queue
- Acting as a point of contact for vendors, and procuring hardware, software, and web tools licenses as necessary
- Ongoing evaluation of existing HelpDesk processes and policies to ensure that the team is operating as efficiently as possible
Your Team’s Responsibilities Include:
- Supporting technical and non-technical stakeholders, accommodating a rapidly growing staff
- Providing on site and remote resolution of common desktop computing issues (PC and Mac), and acting as local enforcement for IT security policies
- Creation, tracking, and completion of a high volume of IT HelpDesk related projects within JIRA.
- Resolving escalated and executive HelpDesk cases/tickets submitted by 2U employees experiencing technical issues
- Provisioning, management, and tracking of web tools access of fellow 2U employees within our CMS
- Creating documentation related to HelpDesk processes and policies (internal and company wide)
- Enforcing and practicing 2U IT HelpDesk standard policies and processes for hardware asset management
Things That Should Be in Your Background:
- Strong customer service background required
- Experience with Salesforce (specifically Salesforce cases), Google Apps, and JIRA preferred
- On site and remote desktop troubleshooting skills for PC and Mac, software and hardware
- Broad experience with web based computing services (video conferencing, CRM software, service ticketing solutions, Google application suites, CMS software)
- Proficiency with MS Windows domain environment (Windows Server, Active Directory, LDAP, DHCP, license management, workstation imaging, access controls)
- Proficiency with Single Sign On and Multi-Factor authentication preferred
- Experience with JAMF preferred
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, and concise manner
- Strong service and leadership background required. Previous experience working in a fast paced, innovative startup environments a strong plus
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change and growth
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment
- Ability to balance daily casework with project based work
- Ability to produce high-quality work with limited direction/oversight
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.