Summary of Job:
This position will directly manage the activities of the student success staff and is responsible for designing and implementing programs that foster student retention and success. This position is one of the critical “first lines of defense” in executing 2U’s expected white glove service level for its students and graduates.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Manages Student Success team day to day operations, including the ongoing support and professional development of the student success team members
- Drives change through influence & relationships in addition to direct line management
- Develops direct reports by performing regular student coaching call observations, providing formal and informal performance feedback, and cultivating a team culture in line with 2U’s values of being candid, honest, & open and striving for excellence
- Provides assessment of critical situations and determines when escalation is required
- Implements strategies to positively impact key metrics (i.e.: graduation rates, student satisfaction, student retention goals, and credit generation)
- Drives the overall management of student success processes from enrollment through graduation in partnership with Universities
- Manages program performance including budget development and oversight, student retention, and credit generation
- Collaborates with external / program partners and internal leadership about current and future program performance. Identifies risk to program objectives, performance and metric goals; provides recommendations to mitigate risk
- Interprets data to manage the team through new initiatives in order to positively impact overall retention and student satisfaction
- Communicates regularly with University Partners including program leadership and other University support functions
- Provides regular scheduled communications and program deliverables (reports, scorecards, business reviews) to stakeholders internally and externally via written and verbal presentations
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required with at least 5 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Master’s degree strongly preferre
- Strong customer service background and people management experience
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in relationship management, budget forecasting, and project management
- Strong people leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate in a tactful, concise, and persuasive manner
- Focus on achieving defined results, and exceeding goals and objectives
- Ability to bring out other people’s potential/talents
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
Travel: Possible quarterly travel required
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 12 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.