Who We're Looking For:
The Facilitator is responsible for initial and ongoing training of our internal teams. S/he will facilitate high-quality, innovative training sessions with dynamic and adaptive facilitation skills. S/he will analyze, identify, develop and implement improvements to our current training processes and curriculum while also assisting with the development of new training initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that learning solutions are aligned with defined business goals and 2U’s talent and professional development standards
- Creating a positive learning environment that ensures skill acquisition in which learners feel safe to try new skills and behaviors and where individual differences are respected
- Delivering new hire onboarding sessions and other learning solutions (e.g. professional development sessions) that engage the learner and produce defined outcomes through instructor-led and virtual-led trainings
- Interacting with 2U leadership, relevant stakeholders and team members to ensure successful training outcomes
- Working with subject matter experts to develop training content that satisfies operational and compliance requirements
- Collaborating with instructional design team to develop content that utilizes adult learning principles and meets training outcomes; managing content updates to materials as needed
- Using training evaluation methods, feedback, and insights from business partners to measure effectiveness of training sessions and identify areas for improvement in programs and processes
- Proactively monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of training efforts
- Maintaining accurate measurement and tracking process to monitor the progress of trainees
- Providing reports to management team to identify strengths and weaknesses of trainees
- Staying current with trends in learning, training and development research as well as new materials, methods and techniques
Things That Must Be in Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Education, Human Resources or related discipline; Master’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in developing training content for adult learners required; developing content for sales training strongly preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience of training experience in delivering training and coaching in a corporate environment required
- Performance coaching experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills – effective in one-on-one and small group settings
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.