Sitting within 2U’s Content Development department, the Content Design Lead collaborates with colleagues, faculty, and vendors to design effective, engaging asynchronous content. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Content Development in 2U’s Brooklyn, NY office, the Content Design Lead will be responsible for executing on creative projects, providing guidance to team members involved in graphic design requests, and supporting the implementation of new technology that can elevate asynchronous lecture content.
- Offer consultation and guidance to faculty on visual lecture content, and support and oversight to coordinators working on creative projects
- Manage expectations and support faculty through the content development process with a professional communication style
- Translate abstract ideas into effective end products, and general feedback into action items
- Develop document design templates that reflect program branding and achieve pedagogical goals
- Develop and iterate on best practices and style guidelines based on evolving learning design and multimedia principles
- Research and share new industry best practices to offer more dynamic content
- Be familiar with accessibility standards and be comfortable designing content accordingly
- Serve as a liaison between Content Development and other teams in Curriculum & Learning; communicate with internal stakeholders to successfully meet the deliverable requirements of a project
- Manage multiple projects and remain flexible through revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail
Things That Must Be in Your Background:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year college or university;
- Minimum 3-5 years industry experience. (design, education, or account management)
- Experience creating and delivering engaging presentations, preferably in higher education
- Advanced skills in Adobe CS or comparable design software
- Demonstrate creative problem solving skills, critical thinking, and foundational design skills with a strong portfolio
- A discerning eye for branding aesthetics and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to find creative, unorthodox solutions when needed
- Must be open to feedback and be able to take direction while also driving his/her projects with minimal oversight
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role and at 2U:
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with high level stakeholders
- Ability to think quickly on feet within a fast-moving group
- Ability to work independently on projects with minimal oversight
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments simultaneously while maintaining a positive outlook and a collegial, professional demeanor
- Effectively communicate and advocate for 2U best-practices, development processes, and technologies
- Work across multiple graduate degree programs and an exciting variety of disciplines such as business, education, social sciences, and medical science.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.