What We're Looking For:
The Content Marketing Team is seeking an editor who can manage keyword-driven projects and work with writers to create SEO-driven content for our university partner sites and 2U-powered websites. The person in this role is also responsible for pitching ideas, writing their own articles, and editing content (e.g., articles, infographics, tables) while ensuring SEO best practices are stringently followed.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Manage and edit content in a deadline-driven environment
- Pitch ideas and write SEO-driven content including articles and infographic copy
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders, including Writers, Design, Brand and SEO, across a number of subject areas while shepherding content projects through to completion
- Identify and interview primary sources, and find and analyze secondary research to include in content
- Assist the Sr. Editorial Manager with managing freelance writers and the editorial strategy calendar
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor's degree with relevant coursework in journalism, communications, English, or similar
- 2+ years experience managing projects and editing content using AP Style
- Experience researching and writing in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with SEO and organic marketing
Additional Preferred Include:
- Ability to find creative, unorthodox solutions without close supervision
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Attention to detail and organization
- Ability to adapt and thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Willingness to take on any task
- Ability to adapt to different work styles and shifting deadlines.
- SEO writing experience is a plus
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
2U will consider qualified job applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law, including Los Angeles' Fair Chance Ordinance.