The Email Marketing Specialist assists in the execution and analysis of email marketing campaigns on behalf of 2U-powered programs. You will utilize multiple marketing automation platforms to launch and analyze email campaigns on a daily basis. You will coordinate multiple email campaigns by strategizing with multiple stakeholders and collecting various creative assets to ensure email campaigns deploy on-time and on par with extremely high standards. You must thrive in a fast-paced business environment and have the ability to adapt to changing priorities, strict deadlines, and a commitment to quality execution.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Execute campaign sends and tests on a daily/weekly basis
- Collect and format assets from Marketing and Admissions teams; organizing images and content files from in-house creative resources for email, templates, and landing pages
- Report on the overall campaign results (standard metrics reports, A/B test results)
- Optimize email campaigns through automation to improve campaign performance down the funnel
- Work closely with marketing stakeholders to suggest campaign best practices and work collaboratively on strategy and audience segmentation
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years experience deploying, developing and optimizing email campaigns
- Proven execution & understanding of email best practices
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (e.g. charting, formulas, analysis, etc.)
- Familiar with A/B testing best practices
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Marketo experience strongly preferred
- Must be a team-player, able to effectively communicate with various departments/stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and “get-it-done’ attitude
- Highly proactive, self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.