We are looking for a Business Analyst to partner closely with stakeholders across 2U Departments such as Human Resources, Finance, Technology, and Operations to raise the bar for our Enterprise Product Portfolio supporting internal user needs. S/he will then translate those needs into product requirements and work with an Agile engineering team and consultants / vendors for development and delivery. If you’re passionate about shipping well-tested software and have a knack for conjuring up creative use case scenarios, you’ll fit right into our growing team here at 2U.
- Working with Product Owners--as well as numerous other stakeholders--to elicit, clarify, elaborate, synthesize, simplify and organize requirements in the form of user stories.
- Ensuring all user stories have clear and measurable success criteria to inform automated testing
- Organize and analyze data elements to inform product priorities and KPI tracking
- Working with Engineering team to ensure product vision and priorities are maintained throughout development, planning, and execution.
- Developing and maintaining strategies, plans, scripts and cases for User Acceptance Testing purposes.
- Ensuring products have met acceptance criteria sufficient for release
- Coordinate and Manage Releases including deployment of approved features and maintaining evidence of proper production release protocols to ensure compliance with auditing requirements.
- Work with the technology team to establish and support a data governance process for 2U’s source systems.
- Monitoring of product bug queues in order to validate, triage and prioritize fixes.
Requirements and Nice-to-haves:
- 3+ years' experience in a BA or related role with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with and/or implementing Workday (or other HCM or ERP systems)
- Ability to drive the requirements gathering process, determine needs and clearly articulate as simple use cases and acceptance criteria for feature enhancements and new products
- Implement advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing data requirements
- Experience driving process with an internal finance/accounting team
- Familiarity with agile software development and deployment processes
- Ability to grasp new concepts and technologies quickly in a fast-paced environment
- The urge to be part of a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks, and approaches to delivery
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.