Summary of Job:
The Placement Network Development Specialist will have a particular interest and skill set in obtaining new partnerships with sites and networks. They will have a drive and proven skill set for forming site relationships that stands out from their peers. This specialist will be responsible for driving new contracts and network partnerships for existing or launching programs that may need upfront placement assignments given program complexity. In this role, the specialist will be responsible for the buildout of networks across multiple 2U programs, as determined by business needs.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Drive overall placement network growth by soliciting a high volume of new contracts across multiple 2U programs
- When necessary or applicable, “matching” those sites to new students enrolling in programs with first term placements or “one off” difficult placement assignments that require additional outreach or assistance
- Work closely with the Placement Manager, Director, VP and Program Management team when obtaining sites and student “slots” for launching programs that require secured placement experiences for new program accreditation or pre-launch
- Have the ability to work across multiple programs in a single day and create new site partnerships for multiple disciplines
Education and Experience:
- At least 6 months of experience as a Placement Specialist, one year preferred (if only 6 months, significant previous experience outside of 2U in a relevant field)
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to build relationships and secure contracts in any discipline
- Comfort working within a highly metrics focused role
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.