Summary of Job:
The Manager, AB Testing and Data Operations will lead a team of Marketing Technology Analysts and Coordinators, focusing on the CRO implementation and tech product suite behind testing and data operations. They will support existing technology integrations, tag management, and data feeds and enable personalization and testing at scale. They will monitor existing products and initiatives and serve as a point of contact between the marketing and tech teams for initiating new product trials, reporting and resolving bugs/errors, and building the requirements for and prioritizing enhancements to existing internal Marketing products.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Establish team goals, responsibilities, and processes, and to set responsibilities for analysts and coordinators.
- Encourage cooperation and is inclusive of team members’ diverse skills/expertise
- Meet with direct reports on a weekly basis to manage performance, review day-to-day responsibilities and provide ongoing feedback and recommendations for improvement
- Work with direct reports to build ongoing professional development plans and strategies
- Continuously challenge and empower team members to identify innovative solutions to current work challenges.
- Reinforce and encourage a collaborative team environment
Planning and Communication
- Design, communicate, improve and ensure adherence to marketing ops processes
- Work with various stakeholder groups to refine product and technical requirements to support overall marketing objectives
- Train and educate internal 2U stakeholders on available marketing technology products, and ensure users understand the purpose of each product, and when and how to use them effectively
- Research products and vendors, and conduct vendor assessments based on stakeholder requirements and business needs
- Provide input into marketing technology roadmap based on stakeholder needs and priority
- Ongoing research and analysis of overall marketing technology landscape
- Manage, prioritize and communicate critical bugs and issues to the engineering team and/or vendors
- Maintain documentation around varying use cases, user groups, and satisfaction levels for marketing technology products
- Ensure all marketing technology products are aligned with strategy and adheres to IT and compliance policies
- Execute web experimentation across platforms, including inbound marketing websites, demand generation landing pages, and mini-sites
- Collaborate with marketing stakeholders to align on testing strategy and upcoming initiatives
- Develop and champion new testing capabilities (query param triggered content, dynamic deadline content, personalization, exit intent)
- Interface with Data Science team to maintain and improve web marketing data tables
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, computer science, or a quantitative field
- Minimum 4-6 years industry experience
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager (certification preferred)
- Experience with additional web analytics tools (Omniture, WebTrends), Segment (formerly Segment.io), and Salesforce CRM
- Experience with A/B/Multivariate testing tools such as Optimizely
- Comfortable learning and discussing technical concepts
- Exemplary planning, communication and organizational skills
- Broad knowledge of the marketing technology space
- Experience working on cross functional teams with multiple stakeholders
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
2U will consider qualified job applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law, including Los Angeles' Fair Chance Ordinance.