The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for ensuring a positive user experience for 2U students and faculty by providing proactive, comprehensive, and exceptional customer service.
You will be the critical “first line of defense” in executing 2U’s expected white glove service level for its students and faculty. The Technical Support Specialist I takes incoming calls, emails, and chats from enrolled students and faculty who need technical assistance with 2U supported applications. You will also resolve or escalate all incoming cases regarding faculty or students.
The shift for this position is: Sunday - Thursday, 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM ET.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Troubleshoot student and faculty technical issues via phone, email and chat to identify the root cause and provide world class service to customers.
- Collaborate with 2U departments and internal cross-functional teams to promptly resolve student and faculty issues.
- Master all 2U’s software to provide technical assistance to faculty and students with competence.
- Assist with training new hires and ongoing support of team members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Things That Should Be in Your Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1 – 3 years experience working in a service-oriented customer support, technical support, or other support-related field.
- Experience assisting customers using phone, email, and chat software.
- Familiarity with current Apple, Microsoft Operating Systems, and video conferencing software.
- Organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills required
- Ability to identify service improvement opportunities and automation proposals to improve service quality.
- Ability to work holidays, evenings and weekend hours to support students and faculty at peak times as assigned.
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, collegial and concise manner.
- Ability to work with a core team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
2U will consider qualified job applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law, including Los Angeles' Fair Chance Ordinance.