Why Join Us?
At 2U, Inc., we share a common belief that education can change lives. So when you work for 2U, you become a part of that. A team whose guiding principles are comprised of striving for excellence, having fun, being bold and fearless, and cherishing each opportunity. Want to head into work knowing you’re part of a purpose-driven company and your hard work has an impact on lives? Join us.
2U’s internship program, the 2ternship, has been a critical part of 2U's growth since the inception of the company. Many individuals, including some executive leaders, started their careers as 2terns and continue their tenure today here at 2U.
A 2ternship allows students to build skill sets in their area of interest, gain real world business experience and receive ongoing feedback to maximize their professional development. 2terns experience this all while being a part of a diverse and inclusive organization that is working towards one common mission - making education more accessible and global.
As 2U grows, we aim to continue attracting top talent to this program. Check out #LifeAt2U on Instagram and Twitter to see what our culture is like and more of what our 2terns experience on a daily basis.
Curriculum Production Team
2U’s curriculum production team works with University faculty to transform traditional curriculum into interactive and engaging online coursework. This includes guiding faculty and other stakeholders through the initial design phase of creating a course strategy, developing and planning the course, designing, creating, and building new content including a video series of content-rich academic videos created in 2U's studio with the video production team. The team not only works to create the content but they are also responsible for quality assurance (QA) work, building it into our LMS, and reviewing older courses to revise asynchronous learning coursework. They are focused on high-quality learning experiences and having fun along the way.
Things that should be in your background:
- Must be currently enrolled or have recently completed a bachelors or masters degree. Majors in education, web production, film, television, digital media or communications preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to research and understand technical documents
- Focus on achieving defined results, by being detail-oriented and exceeding goals and objectives
- Ability to multitask, switch priorities, collaborate with colleagues and be flexible
- Ability to think ambitiously and creatively to develop customized strategies and innovative approaches
Other attributes that will help you in this role:
- A demonstrated ability to proactively identify and mitigate challenges
- Experience in collaborating on the creation of customized solutions
- A demonstrated ability to bring someone’s vision to life, through writing or film
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Strong knowledge of web applications and basic software
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse team
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change while constantly adapting and evolving with our organization
Note: A cover letter is required for the application.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.