Who We’re Looking For:
It’s an exciting time in 2U’s growth, and our Finance team is a critical part of that growth. Our Finance team at 2U is growing, and we’re looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to report to our Sr. Manager, Financial Planning and handle budget variance analyses as well as ongoing relationships with budget owners and managers. Our ideal candidate will have a background in Finance, specifically FP&A, and be adept and proactive in creating and maintaining working relationships across 2U’s many departments.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Maintain strong relationships between 2U departments (e.g. Demand Gen, Product Marketing, Admissions, Post-Enrollment Services, Program Management) and the Finance team
- Manage internal revenue and expense forecasts, and monthly budget/variance reporting for 2U’s partner programs
- Serve as a conduit between finance, Admissions, ERS, and Placement
- Work with team members to develop strategies to track and better understand organizational metrics in Student Success, Admissions, ERS and Placement
- Track and maintain key performance metrics across all programs
- Monthly and quarterly consolidation of management information packs across business areas showing performance against budget and forecast
- Undertake effective demand management processes to manage, prioritize, delegate and deliver an optimum service to Admissions and Student success that aligns to their strategic requirements
- Organize, analyze and present high-value analysis and interpretation of data in support of Finance and strategic planning functions
- Proactively identify, contribute and drive the execution of financial improvement opportunities
- Other special projects as determined by the finance management team
Things That Should Be in Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Finance, Economics, or Mathematics strongly preferred
- 1+ years of experience directly related to the responsibilities required of the position
- Demonstrated experience cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with employees at multiple levels: peer, manager, executive
- Advanced knowledge and ability with Excel, Powerpoint and database management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Analytical thinker with excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an environment of constant change
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.