2U is a SaaS-based education technology company that enables leading colleges and universities to deliver higher education to qualified students anywhere. Our Academic Product is growing and we are expanding to not only meet the needs of our university partners, faculty and students, but to surpass their expectations in providing a next generation learning platform.
2U is looking for an experienced Business Analyst who is interested in innovative discovery and inquisitive research. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to our business as a whole in creating the best possible digital technology space for students and faculty. Qualified candidates will have 1-3 years experience as a Business Analyst or analogous role, strong domain knowledge of the Education Technology market, and fluency with Agile development practices.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Discovery and Research
- Work closely with Product Manager(s) during the initial discovery of work.
- Help develop an environment of creativity and new thinking for the 2U technology suite.
- Provide an inquisitive lens during brainstorming sessions with team members.
- Facilitate process flow exercises like mind mapping, root cause analysis and SWOT analysis to determine solution conceptualization.
- Perform market and competitor analysis to help define feature comparison, third party evaluations and financial review.
- Work closely with UX Research team on data tracking, research efforts and trend reporting to further detail any investigation.
Logistics and Project Planning
- Help develop and determine measurable success criteria of a proof of concept.
- Provide operational guidance to software engineers to eliminate blockers and translate the stakeholder needs to actionable prioritized requirements.
- Work closely with software engineers to provide collective comprehension of the project scope, objectives, success metrics and priority set by the Product Manager.
- Own, track and improve team workflow process in order to identify and improve upon efficiencies in software development, product management and operational functions.
- Contribute to and maintain project plans and expectations with the guidance of the Product Manager.
- Own and maintain all user stories and ensure they have a clear definition of acceptance criteria.
- Own and maintain any proof of concept (POC) training materials work to internal technology teams regarding proven functionality and expected business use cases.
Key Skills that are Nice-to-haves:
- 1 - 3 years experience in Business Analysis or Product Owner
- Experience in the Education Technology industry is a strong plus
- Experience with managing and maintaining Jira, Slack, Aha!, Pivotal Tracker configurations is a strong plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiar with Agile software development, methodologies and practices.
- Thrive in an environment that is creative and thoughtful
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.