The Internal Communications and Engagement Specialist will join a growing team dedicated to ensuring two-way communication across the business. You will manage technology systems and digital tools to drive employee engagement and internal experience. Our ideal candidate brings the knowledge, experience, and best practices for digital communications in order to deliver information in compelling ways. In this role, you’ll learn to apply your technical expertise and spark your creativity in innovative ways that engage, align, and inspire employees. To be effective, you must know how to use digital channels to tell stories through words, visualizations, and videos that make lofty concepts like vision, strategy and business priorities come to life in a relevant and memorable way.
Key Role and Responsibilities
Digital Communications Governance & Alignment
- Strategically manages the development, implementation, and evolution of our digital internal communications platforms and capabilities, including our intranet (mobile and desktop experience), broadcast email platform, video hosting and delivery capability, digital signage, Slack, etc. to optimize their impact and value globally
- Oversees governance of the digital internal communications platforms
- Leads quarterly intranet publisher meetings and new publisher training sessions for corporate intranet
- Collaborates with corporate brand team and external agencies to design campaign assets for digital platforms
- Coordinates and maintains internal communications team content on the Communications space of the corporate intranet
- Supports internal news storytelling, including oversight of editorial planning and publication calendars and guiding content contributors to follow style and format guidelines
- Creates communication plans and content for various business initiatives
- Creates content, such as articles, emails, infographics, video scripts, digital signage, internal social media, manager communication, etc. that engages and inspires audiences to align to our corporate strategy and other key business topics
Analysis and Reporting
- Develops tools, techniques, and templates to measure communications efficacy of internal communications campaigns
- Tracks deliverables and milestones against communications plan, including providing weekly updates to the communications team and executive leadership groups
- Leverages available internal resources to monitor employee sentiment, producing a monthly dashboard for leadership awareness
- Continuously edit, proof, and improve content on all platforms by learning from data and feedback
- Identifies the latest best practices and trends in the industry, sharing information to inform the communications team and evolve our digital communications strategy
Stakeholder and Employee Engagement
- Develops relationships with internal clients and fellow communication team members, helps problem solve, and is a team player
- Develops high-quality, interactive content that engages employees in all offices, including remote workers
- Support other internal communications projects, such as writing and editing communications, managing internal meetings and events, designing presentations, creating graphics, and more
- Monitors and responds as appropriate to questions and requests sent to the communications and intranet mailboxes
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, journalism, marketing or other relevant field
- 3+ years professional communications experience, preferably in a fast-paced, high-change, global company
- Demonstrated experience developing digital content for communications and marketing campaigns, preferably for internal employee communications; candidates must be prepared to share a portfolio of work
- Understanding of graphic design principles required, preferably with experience developing creative assets such as infographics and slide presentations
- Experience with Google Analytics and Smartsheet preferred
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and project management skills
- Collaborative work ethic and the ability to handle and incorporate peer feedback while thinking broadly about how to tell the best story and produce results quickly
- Demonstrated experience exercising sound judgment
- Proactive approach, seeking out challenges and anticipating issues
- Willingness to innovate and test new processes and ideas
- Understanding of internal and external communications strategies, tools, systems and techniques
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion, and possess a high level of accuracy with information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with all levels of management
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.