Summary of Job:
The Faculty Relationship Manager I serves as the primary liaison between our University Faculty/Leadership and internal stakeholders. Their goal is to optimize the faculty experience by ensuring that they receive the highest levels of customer service and support, ultimately contributing to their success.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Stakeholder Relationship Management (~50%)
- Collaborates with University Leadership and cross-functional internal stakeholders to promptly resolve broad faculty issues as well as drive strategic initiatives. Proactively communicates with appropriate key stakeholders, proposing broad impact solutions to mitigate future issues.
- Manages University Faculty and Leadership concerns, appropriately escalating to internal stakeholder leadership and/or University Leadership.
- Outreach (~20%)
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with University Faculty through proactive outreach calls, regular email communication, and other methodologies, integrating white glove service.
- Technology Support and Operations (~30%)
- Executes internal administrative tasks, including responding to and resolving escalated support cases, scheduling faculty for training, and creating faculty accounts and permissions, ensuring faculty have access to their respective courses within the LMS.
- Hosts calls with University Faculty as required to review service performance, manage expectations, and track deliverables across assigned university programs.
- Collaborates with Operations teams via regular written updates and meetings to monitor faculty issues/complaints originating from Universities, directly from faculty and internal constituents, and works with appropriate cross-functional teams in communicating and resolving these issues.
Education and Experience:
- 2+ years of account management and service-oriented experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail and a high sense of urgency
- Ability to work quickly and accurately; ability to multitask in high-intensity situations
- Advanced computer skills and strong aptitude for learning and explaining new technologies
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 12 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.