We are seeking an experienced talent scout who will be responsible for driving a diverse candidate pipeline for hard-to-fill positions and will heavily leverage research and technology for outreach to market 2U to new, passive candidates. The Senior Talent Scout will provide sourcing expertise and support to both Technology and Executive roles and will partner with Recruiters and Recruiting Leadership across multiple business functions.
This role is located in our Brooklyn, NY Office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sourcing Activities
- Target and attract candidates through deep research and creative approaches that includes internal relationships, tools (e.g. LinkedIn, Hired.com, Indeed and others), events (e.g., meetups) and other creative outlets to build diverse candidate pipelines
- Meet weekly candidate outreach targets as assigned by manager
- Consistently iterate and experiment with sources and ideas for creative candidate generation (proactively research new meetups, websites, etc. to drive sourcing)
- Advise hiring teams on market, hiring trends, target companies, available talent pool and pipeline
- Conduct qualifying calls with candidates based on “must have” requirements needed for certain roles
- Partner with recruiters and share responsibility for pipeline and candidate development
- Work closely and effectively with coordinator to schedule candidate interviews and with recruiters to identify and engage hard-to-find talent
- Provide the initial briefing as well as the final presentation of candidates to Recruiter or Hiring Manager, ensuring a consistent and effective review process for each candidate
- Serve as team expert on latest recruiting trends, technology, systems, and market landscape
- Proactively stay up to date and takes initiative to share the latest market and competitor information as well as recruiting best practices to enhance 2U recruitment
- Propose new platforms, tools and sources for pipeline generation
- Proactively build and create tools and/or methodologies to maintain a warm pipeline of candidates for areas of future growth.
Things That Must Be in Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years in a talent scout or sourcer role; 1+ years experience with technology and/or executive level searches preferred
- Expert level ability to navigate advanced sourcing tools such as LinkedIn, search strings, and knowledge of new sourcing tools
- Demonstrated success in attracting passive candidates in a niche market. Preferably in the technology industry
- Experience supporting a fast-paced, high growth organization
- Previous experience using an applicant tracking system preferred
- Strong research and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated computer skills in one or more of the following: MAC, PC, Google suite, MS Office products
- Other attributes that will help you be successful in this role:
- Experience and ability to work with a variety of roles and being able to quickly learn new functions, markets and skill sets
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities
- Proactive attitude with a propensity to learn
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an environment of constant change
- Knowledge of various social media networking/recruiting sites a plus
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.