We’re looking for a Manager to join our dynamic new Corporate Development & Strategic Partnerships team to help identify, originate and execute mergers, acquisitions, investments and strategic partnerships across the business in support of 2U’s rapid growth and strategic ambitions.
A dedicated Corporate Development & Strategic Partnerships team at 2U was formed last summer and has been extremely active, including the recent announced acquisition of Trilogy Education, investment and strategic partnership with Keypath Education, and expanded partnership with LinkedIn. The role will report into our Head of Corporate Development and has significant exposure to 2U’s senior leaders. This role is located in Brooklyn, NY.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work alongside the Head of Corporate Development to originate and execute all M&A and partnership activity, and other highly strategic corporate activities, including:
- Fostering new relationships across the EdTech landscape
- Proactively identifying and sourcing new opportunities, aligned to 2U’s strategy
- Assessing strategic rationale and appropriateness of buy/build/partner strategies
- Building and maintaining business and valuation models
- Managing due diligence processes, including coordination with internal functional leads and external advisors
- Working in close partnership with colleagues across 2U
- Liaising with 2U’s Co-General Counsel on legal documents
- Support key strategic projects for COO and CEO, such as market benchmarking, competitive analysis and board reports
- Working alongside Investor Relations team on deal communications and other key strategic investor narratives
Things That Should Be in Your Background:
- 4+ years in top tier investment bank, consulting firm or in-house corporate development/M&A environment, or strong strategic finance / analytical background
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written. Ability and confidence to establish credibility and work with senior management
- Commercially minded with strong analytical ability and modelling skills
- Self-starter with experience in fast paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and senior internal stakeholders
- Experience in managing open deal issues through to resolution in a prioritized and commercially focused manner
Other Attributes that will Help You in this Role:
- Experience in EdTech, Education Services or Technology
- Desire to work in fast pace, growth focused, mission driven organization.
- MBA, but not required depending on background
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated self-initiative
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
2U will consider qualified job applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law, including Los Angeles' Fair Chance Ordinance.