Summary of Job:
2U is seeking a talented and motivated senior graphic designer to join our growing content marketing team. This position collaborates with peers and leadership to define project goals and strategies for digital content that ultimately increases 2U program search rankings. Senior designers have creative freedom to lead projects and drive design concepts with minimal art direction or oversight. While this role is not a manager position, senior designers act as mentors offering advice, creative direction and support to both writers and designers. Visit our design portfolio.
***Applicants must submit a design portfolio to be considered for this position.***
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Design a broad variety of digital content such as microsites and data visualizations with minimal art direction from manager.
- Act as a design consultant to writers, editors and web producers in order to drive creative concepts and project strategies. Demonstrate expertise in digital design best practices and a proficient understanding of 2U marketing.
- Take initiative to propose solutions to improve team processes, efficiency and performance.
- Continuously discover and share inspiration and new industry best practices to maximize efficiency and creativity. Seek opportunities to create new and innovative forms of content that support the team’s ability to meet its marketing goals and work with manager to implement new formats.
- Act as a mentor to junior designers and offer feedback and support to writers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in design required; master’s a plus
- 6+ years professional design experience
- 1+ years marketing experience
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite and HTML/CSS
- Mastery of typography, grid layouts and color theory
- Proficient in multimedia design
- Some data visualization experience and/or solid math skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment while initiating opportunities for growth
- Ability to synthesize creative direction, propose solutions and work collaboratively with peers and leaders
- Able to assert ideas, take initiative and drive projects with minimal support
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role and at 2U:
- Content marketing experience
- Experience creating accessible (WCAG compliant) web design
- Ability to thrive in an environment of constant change
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.