The Director, Curriculum Development manages the relationship for Curriculum & Learning with academic leadership across 2UGrad degree programs, which may include both US-based and international programs. S/he provides ongoing evaluation of course performance as well as oversight for the revision and evolution of each degree curriculum.
The role of the Director is essential to the consistency and continuity of our communications with academic partners. For each assigned program, the Director of Curriculum Development is the primary interface between 2UGrad Program Management and the teams in Curriculum & Learning. The Director coordinates the course development process with the program business objectives while providing strategic direction and support for the partner, the program, and the curriculum.
To do so successfully will require the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of continuous change while focusing on exceeding goals and objectives with a high level of independence and with clear, consistent and reliable communication across stakeholders and teams.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Strategic Relationship Management (40%)
- Collaborate with Program Strategy, New Program Implementation and Program Management to define successful parameters to prepare for and measure success in the curriculum development process with each newly assigned 2UGrad degree program
- Develop and maintain successful relationships between Curriculum & Learning and academic leadership for assigned 2UGrad degree program, and project 3-year plans for course development and launch schedules
- Provide ongoing course development status updates to academic leadership and 2UGrad Program Management; address and resolve challenges and demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement
- Account Management (30%)
- Collaborate with internal 2UGrad teams to successfully onboard new programs, communicate program requirements, and secure resourcing for course development
- Drive successful fulfillment of curriculum requirements between academic leadership and their designated faculty, including effective involvement of Strategy, Course Development and Iteration across the program lifecycle
- Keep Curriculum & Learning Leadership Team informed of emerging curricular needs and program requirements for portfolio
- Maintain clear and precise records of program requirements, curriculum structure, and school leadership and faculty profiles
- Curriculum Development and Improvement (30%)
- Collaborate with Lead Strategist and academic leadership to define brand identity of the curriculum, and to enable the Strategy team’s efforts to incorporate an intentional design of each course to reflect that unique brand
- Identify opportunities for and drive fulfillment of program, process, and technology improvements
- Work with 2UGrad Program Management to evaluate the business and curricular goals for each program, determine annual course development needs, and then drive through proposal and approval process
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6+ years demonstrated success in account management, engagement leadership or consulting (higher education preferred)
- 3+ years working directly with academic administration and/or leadership (e.g. Deans or Provosts)
- Experience in curriculum management and/or course development for online learning (or comparable experience in an academic setting)
- Ability to drive performance and accountability of cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated success in driving solutions in a fast-paced and rapidly-evolving environment
- Strong negotiator who can balance and prioritize partner requirements against budgetary and functional constraints
- Budgetary and schedule responsibility in a high-performance environment
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills with superior attention to detail and demonstrated problem-solving success
- Excellence in spoken and written communications, especially customer-facing presentation skills
- Familiarity with web-based delivery and video technology
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Advanced degree or course work in higher education or online education
- Previous experience defining, communicating and driving fulfillment of product requirements
- Experience in US and UK higher education sector; understanding of both education systems and terminology
- Product management or development responsibility for digital products or services
- Strong familiarity with Learning Management Systems and content accessibility requirements
- Previous experience leading teams without direct reporting authority
Travel estimated to be 20-30%, may include International travel
No direct reports
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 12 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.