What We're Looking For
*Cover Letter is Required*
The Video Producer works closely with university faculty and the 2U Curriculum & Learning team to manage on-set video production and post-production in the mission to deliver a series of content-rich academic videos. The challenges of the position are creative, logistical and technological; require on-your-feet problem solving, a keen eye and ear for detail and the ability to oversee a system of many moving parts with grace and confidence. A successful video producer will manage all of these demands while putting our ultimate goal first and foremost – creating dynamic, educational content while ensuring an excellent faculty experience.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- preparing and hosting faculty for their studio intensive experience through one-on-one client interaction and completed production of all course videos (
- completing all pre-production tasks required for each individual course
- includes interactions with guests, actors and remote filming
- taking ultimate responsibility for delivery of high-quality video assets that meet and surpass client expectations
- interfacing directly with faculty, other 2U teams and our vendors to manage expectations, cater to faculty needs, and offer guidance to (and even substitute for) production crew when required while producing academic content
- establishing genuine relationships in a short period of time
- maintaining an accurate video production log (i.e. shot list, editor notes, timecode) while balancing professor and production needs during long studio days
- documenting and maintaining production schedules
- organizing and managing digital assets
- communicating effectively and efficiently between various stakeholders in a larger production process
- producing special projects, which may include field production
- ability to maximize the advantages of video for educational content
- engaging in creative problem solving
- consistently meeting individual goals while navigating your role within a larger team
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of professional production and project management experience
- experience working with high-profile clients and putting them at ease with new processes
- comfort and desire to learn and master new technologies
- fundamental understanding of video production and post production
- a keen eye and ear for identifying client wants and needs
- proven ability to exercise sound decision making in a fast-paced environment
- effective team leadership skills
- excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, and concise manner
- ability to work and contribute in a team environment
- familiarity with using technology; Google Docs, Microsoft Office, Skype, Zoom, basic video editing, the Adobe Creative Suite, and general web-savvy
- enthusiasm and ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
As is standard for most video production, on-set days may run from 7am to 6pm. Some travel may be required.
Strong audio and visual skills
Dotted line to associate producers
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 12 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.