What We're Looking For
As the Email Marketing Specialist, you will assist with the execution and analysis of email marketing campaigns for the Marketing and Admissions teams. You will utilize our marketing automation platform (Marketo) to launch and analyze email campaigns on a daily basis, as well as develop long-term messaging strategy including various nurture and engagement campaigns. You must thrive in a fast-paced business environment and have the ability to adapt to changing priorities and strict deadlines.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Coordinating email campaigns, to include:
- Collecting assets from Marketing and Admissions teams
- Formatting email and landing page templates
- Executing sends and tests
- Reporting on the overall campaign results
- Optimizing email campaigns through automation
- Improving campaign performance down the funnel
- Developing long-term messaging strategies
- Organizing images and content files from in house creative resources
- Identifying and documenting email communications best practices to facilitate implementation across all admissions programs
Things That Should Be in Your Background
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years’ experience deploying, developing and optimizing email campaigns
- Proven execution & understanding of email best practices
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (e.g. charting, formulas, analysis, etc.)
- Familiar with A/B testing best practices
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Salesforce and Marketo experience strongly preferred
- Must be a team-player, able to effectively communicate with various departments/stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and “get-it-done’ attitude
- Highly proactive, self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 12 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.