What we’re looking for:
We are a fast-growing and high-performing team looking for a Marketing Data Analyst to join our demand generation / marketing group.
The Marketing Strategy Analyst is responsible for managing the paid marketing efforts of several 2U programs by setting the marketing strategy, ensuring each program is meeting profitability goals, and working cross-functionally with senior stakeholders. Each Analyst is expected to own their portfolio of programs, and are the direct stakeholder for senior leadership. The work of each Analyst has a direct impact on the profitability of 2U and is strategically vital to the organization.
A successful candidate has the ability to use data to drive change across all paid marketing efforts. Successful backgrounds typically include those with a business, economics, finance, or math undergrad.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Setting the paid digital marketing strategy and budget for 4-6 2U programs
- Forecasting spend, revenue and profitability by marketing channel for each program
- Using data to flag risks and opportunities, and devising a strategy to improve
- Report weekly on pacing and performance to senior leadership
- Work cross-functionally to segment audiences and develop new media campaigns
- Identify risks and opportunities in business performance and communicate to manager
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed to support the larger team
- 1-3 years of experience using data to solve business and marketing problems (including academic experience)
- Has a working knowledge of Excel, and some previous exposure to SQL or other databases
- Previous work with Tableau a plus
You are someone who:
- Has a Bachelor’s degree (from a business, economics, or math related field is a plus)
- Is looking for the opportunity to set business strategy
- Has a keen interest in digital marketing (prior experience a plus, but not required)
- Is adept at problem solving and can balance creativity with analytical sills
- Has a strong work ethic and doesn’t accept complacency
- Demonstrates proactive thinking – always seeking ways to do something better
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Background or coursework in Statistics, Economics or Business
- Prior experience in digital marketing and lead generation
- The ability to multi-task, stay organized and evaluate priorities on an ongoing basis
- The ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information in a tactful manner
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U partners with great colleges and universities to build what we believe is the world’s best digital education. Our platform provides a comprehensive fusion of technology, services and data architecture to transform high-quality and rigorous campus-based universities into the best digital versions of themselves. 2U's No Back Row® approach allows qualified students and working professionals around the world to experience a first-rate university education and successful outcomes. To learn more, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 12 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
- Tuition reimbursement program
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.