What We're Looking For
2U has launched high quality and innovative Masters programs delivered online. The mission of these programs is to deliver highly desired advanced professionals, with a high level education and moral grounding, to organizations across the country.
The Student Success Advisor is responsible for managing student attrition through providing proactive, reactive, comprehensive and exceptional customer service. This position is the critical first line of defense in executing 2U's expected white glove service level for its students, graduates and faculty.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
The Student Support Advisor will be assigned a group of enrolled students and is expected to facilitate every need of those students including but not limited to the following:
- Manage student retention through providing proactive, reactive, comprehensive and exceptional customer service. This position is critical in executing 2U's expected white glove service level for its students and faculty.
- Assisting in student on-boarding to include online orientation, registration and live training, as well as conducting Welcome Calls with students immediately upon enrollment.
- Troubleshooting student support issues and coordinate solutions in accordance with all university policies, to include basic technical issues in the LMS
- Analyze program and student data to estimate credit pacing, raw credit productions including intuitive reasoning to forecast appropriately
- Problem solve when faced with critical situations and determine when escalation is required.
- Accountable for student retention and credit goals. Implement strategies as directed to positively impact key metrics (i.e.: graduation rates, student satisfaction, student retention goals, and credit generation).
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms to University stakeholders, students and internally. Internally provide regular scheduled communications and program deliverables. Provides assessment of critical situations and determines when escalation is required. Identify and refer students to University Academic Advising for additional support
Things That Should Be in Your Background
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a service-oriented, customer support or related field
- Strong customer service background required. Previous experience providing exceptional customer service in a collegiate or university environment is a strong plus
- Familiarity with online learning technology a plus
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role
- Familiarity with using technology in an educational setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, personal, tactful, and concise manner
- Strong student-centered, customer service focus; commitment to student and faculty satisfaction and success
- Ideal candidate has a passion for building and maintaining relationships with their team and the students
- Flexibility to work scheduled evening or weekend hours, 2-3 times a week, to support students during peak evening and weekend times
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.