CV MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people.
What We Need
As a Lead QA Tester you will manage a team of QA Testers, coordinate test plan execution on pre-release versions of software to detect and record product defects and maintain a fluid communication with a global team. You will report to the QA Manager.
- Supervise projects through the various stages of testing and milestones of their lifecycle to ensure product quality. Develop and maintain test plans and other documentation. Ensure that all bugs are written according to our best practices and are correctly actioned.
- Manage projects’ progress, organizing the workload across your team, establishing and achieving deadlines. Keep all stakeholders informed, providing frequent reports and documentation to QA Management, Producers and Developers.
- Identify opportunities for improving the QA Department, defining new processes and refining existing ones.
- Oversee the QA testing team, managing the recruitment and training processes and evaluating staff’s performance. Mentor and coach team members to help them achieve their goals, providing valuable guidance and constructive feedback.
- Support Managers, Producers and/or Developers, gathering requirements, answering queries and providing all necessary documentation. Identify and inform of potential risks for the project and collaborate on issues discussion and prioritization.
- Manage production of all testing deliverables including daily reports, weekly status reports, test cases, test plans, bug tracking reports, final release certification report, RTM checklists, and post-mortem reports.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication etiquette in English.
- Advanced MS Office suite, Google suite and Outlook skills.
- Familiarity with databases and bug tracking tools (e.g. Jira, Helix).
- Time management skills.
- Understanding of the departments’ core values and willingness to help create a positive culture.
- Ability to act as a positive role model for testers within the department.
- Adaptability, empathy and creativity solving problems.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Desirable experience of 4+ years in QA testing.
- Experience with team development.
- Comprehensive understanding of test cycles and processes.
- Bilingual / native proficiency in English, in both written and oral forms (C1 or higher).