QA Manager Mobile, Madrid - CV MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people.
What We Need
We are looking for someone to run the Mobile QA Department for assigned projects & staff: leading test process, submissions and releases, planning of resources internally, ensuring the highest quality of product to our targets, coordinating all related staff & departmental issues. Working in the Madrid office and reporting to 2K Games Madrid QA director and the Mobile Senior QA Manager
What You Will Do
- Supervision and management of allocated SQA projects for mobile platforms.
- Drive continuous process improvement to reduce test cycle times and escaped defects to the field.
- Management of Lead, Associate Lead, senior and QA Testers.
- Feedback & liaison with Functional & Compliance QA, Producers, Developers, & other External Departments.
- Liaison with Platform Holders to ensure guidelines & standards compliance.
- Joint sign-off of development milestones & managing the submission process.
- Supervise and complete the submission and release processes of mobile games, client updates and daily live ops items for any of our mobile titles.
- Run bug reports, bug database, & QA reports.
- Handle department through day-to-day business.
- Quarterly performance reviews of their employees.
- Raising disciplinary issues as appropriate.
- Build successful working relationships with Worldwide Development Studios Internal & External, QA Department locally & globally, Local Producers, Platform Holders, Producers, and Developers, and Third-Party Developers Internal & External.
- Actively participate in recruiting and interview process. Willing to embrace a broad overview of the department
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, internally & externally.
- Leadership skills to include successfully handling ambiguity, flexibility & understanding of the development process, and maintain good relations with producers & developers.
- Knowledge of bug database systems, QA process, test plan creation, and bug writing process.
- Proven experience as a Lead QA Tester or equivalent in Mobile QA.
- Experience submitting code to Apple, Google and/or Amazon portals is desired.
- Knowledge of format holder standards (Apple and Android primarily).
- Knowledge of MS Office suite, Source Control and Visual Studio.
- Technically proficient with PCs, gaming consoles, and related hardware.
- Ability to network and develop positive relationships with other departments.
Education and Experience:
- Capable to communicate optimally & successfully in English and Spanish, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- PC and Mobile hardware literate. Mastering knowledge for mobile would be considered a plus.
- Passion for the video games industry.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication, presentation, and leadership skills. Ability to provide clear direction and leadership to their employees as well as other groups.
- Proficient at leading, mentoring and training a team on test methods and new technologies and reliably work in a team environment.
- Have led multiple, simultaneous mobile game projects.
- Attention to detail and positive personality to foster excellent working relationships.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.