DEV QA LEAD - PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV IN ENGLISH
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people.
What We Need
31st Union and 2K Madrid are seeking a passionate and detail-oriented Dev QA Lead to drive a team in executing test plans on pre-release versions of software to detect and record product defects
What You Will Do
- Lead Internal QA efforts: assess personnel, skills, amount, and type of work to be completed, and timetables to provide frequent reports and documentation to Publishing QA Management, Producers and Developers
- Coordinate product quality: supervise the various stages of testing on each project; develop team projects to ensure that each has gone through at least two complete cycles of testing (all test cases performed) for final release testing milestones. Develop test plans and documentation. Ensure that all bugs marked resolved were resolved accurately
- Lead production of all internal testing processes including daily reports, weekly status reports, test cases, test plans, bug tracking reports, final release certification report, RTM checklists, and post-mortem reports
- Supervise staff (Including both internal and external personnel): interview, hire, train, evaluate performance, and when vital, discipline employees; establish and handle work schedules, mentor team leaders, and provide guidance to them regarding task allocation to Testers
- Support Producers and/or Developers: setup and run bug triages (bug reviews) and provide all required documentation. Lead discussions regarding the status of the bugs and the game in testing phase and collaborate on prioritization of remaining issues to ensure these are addressed and resolved
- Bring up issues appropriately to QA management/production in a timely fashion
- Be pro-active in assessing, maintaining, and improving existing processes and pipelines
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Proficient MS Office Excel, Word, and Outlook skills
- Advanced database skills; to include TTP/Helix, Confluence and Jira
- Comprehensive understanding of test cycles and processes
- Consistently provides a positive role-model to testers within the department
- Ability to translate creative, process and feature requests while maintaining expectations from partners and other departments.
- Total flexibility in being able to shift focus between tasks changing quickly
- Ability to motivate a team and learn new toolsets quickly.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 4+ years of QA testing experience with advanced knowledge of current video game platforms and related hardware.
- Proven track record leading teams and supporting their development
- Microsoft Visual Studio - Debugging, compilation, and conflict resolution
- Code literacy (ability to read and understand the general thrust of code, if not the exact means of execution)
- Able to communicate optimally in English, in both written and oral forms
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.