QA Tester, Based In Madrid - CV MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people.
What We Need
- 2K is reimagining our player experience and how we manage our QA process! Have you ever thought it would be cool to get paid for playing video games? Our dedicated Customer Experience Studio in Madrid is looking to hire video game testers to support our new and upcoming releases. You will test video game titles on various consoles, PC’s, and handhelds to check the software for errors and log them into our test database. Reports to a QA Lead and/or QA Manager.
- This position is based in office in Madrid (this is not a remote opportunity) and is a full time, opportunity with benefits!
- 2K players expect regular game releases which means our teams work with tight deadlines so there will be overtime on occasion. But we know you’ll have lots of fun being here and enjoy being part of our teamwork-based culture and family atmosphere.
- If you are ready to be the voice of 2K players and help shape the future of gaming, we want to meet you!
What You Will Do
- Find defects in the software using established and tedious methods
- Accurately execute all assigned test cases.
- Enter detailed, but concise, bugs into bug database
- Regress fixed bugs on each release
- Be prepared to provide insight as to the playability of a title
- Provide a positive role model, in terms of work performance, attitude and attendance
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- Technically proficient with PCs and gaming consoles
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Word, Outlook and Database Software
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 18 years and above
- Ability to test both 2D and 3D games repeatedly, while listening and looking for bugs
- Ability to test using a handheld gaming device and various other gaming platforms
- A positive attitude with the ability to work in a team environment
- Reliable, and can be counted on to work all scheduled shifts
- Capable of working any mandatory overtime; which can occur during the work week and weekends
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and occasionally lift up to 20 lbs
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.