Who We Are
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
What we Need
Are you ready to be part of the charge in creating the next level of gaming? As the Principal Gameplay Engineer at Hangar 13, you'll work closely with our game design team to build exciting and immersive gameplay mechanics that will captivate players. You'll join a talented team of engineers and optimise game performance to create an unforgettable gaming experience. This is an opportunity to showcase your creativity, technical expertise on next-generation Unreal Engine. Join us and be part of the development of the next Mafia title or another internal AAA project.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work with an interdisciplinary agile team of artists, designers, and engineers to design, prototype, and implement new gameplay features
- Provide the Lead Engineer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks and implementation concerns
- Generate system documentation and test cases for assigned systems
- Collaborate with the QA staff to identify and fix bugs in a timely manner
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfil the project’s technical requirements
- Adhere to the project’s coding standards
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Help mentor and support more junior members of the team
What We’re Looking For
- Strong expertise in C / C++ in a creative environment
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles
- Experience developing for game consoles
- Experience working on core online gameplay systems with Unreal Engine
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Good understanding of 3D Algebra and Algorithms needed for Game Development
You Might Also Have
- Excellent communication skills with an interest in collaborating with other non-technical disciplines
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
Hangar 13 prides itself on the diversity of its team members, partners, and communities. For this reason, we remain committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship, from recruitment and hiring through compensation, benefits, discipline and termination.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are also committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need to request reasonable accommodation.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.