LOCATION: Prague, Brno, Brighton
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a Lead Backend Software Engineer to manage, mentor and grow the backend engineering team and help design and develop backend features for AAA games. The team is responsible for developing internal products with the focus on the backend side of real time multiplayer experience.
What You Will Do:
- Manage a team of engineers working on Backend systems using Docker and Kubernetes and developed in Golang and C++. This position requires a combination of leadership / management role and hands-on technical responsibilities.
- Ownership of a set of components and systems, collaboration with engineers and designers in Hangar 13 and a wider 2K teams across multiple locations (Europe and North America), coordinating the project tasks assigned to the team.
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology to fulfil the project’s technical requirements.
- Provide the Technical director with feedback regarding the team performance and goal completion.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline
- Strong technical background in SW engineering, knowledge of modern container platforms (preferably Docker and Kubernetes) from enterprise use case
- Experience with enterprise cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS, and Azure.
- Strong coding skills in Go, familiar with other languages such as C++ is a plus.
- Leadership background, previous experience in a management / team lead role is a plus.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines.
- Experience with industry standard tools e.g., Git, GitHub,
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio that creates influential AAA video game experiences across all major platforms. The studio is based in four locations around the world: Brighton (UK), Brno & Prague (Czech Republic) and across the US, working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work with some of the most talented developers in the industry, on creatively challenging and exciting projects, in a diverse and welcoming environment. Our focus is on making the highest quality games with sustainable, healthy development plans; to tell stories that engage players through worlds and experiences that keep them hooked from start to finish. We strive to be a studio that our team members know they can make a difference and grow professionally alongside creating games they are proud of.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com, hangar13games.com and 2kczech.com accounts.