JOB TITLE: Senior Animator
LOCATION: Czech Republic, UK, or Spain
REPORTS TO: Lead Animator
We are looking for a skilled, reliable, and self-motivated Senior Animator colleague, who is experienced in game development, motion capture data animation processing to produce realistic 3D animations for cinematics and gameplay for our new Mafia game title.
What You Will Do:
- Create high-quality mocap-driven realistic animations for gameplay content.
- Collaborate with the Animation Lead, mocap technicians, Design department and your animation peers to deliver the best-in-class products.
- Adapt to the style and constraints of the project - realistic with focus on character animation and open world
- Support the animation team, character artists, cinematic editors, designers, and producers to deliver content that matches the vision and constraints or find solutions to any technical or creative issues.
- Explore new tech and enhancements related to animation and game development.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- An animator passionate about working on industry-defining titles that push their abilities and define true-to-life characters with preferably AAA game industry background
- Experience with the given animation pipeline - Mocap data, MotionBuilder and Unreal Engine.
- Impressive animation skills demonstrated by animation reel and titles and previous projects.
- Willingness to continually develop skills, self-educating related to animations and keeping track of new trends in the industry.
- 5+ years of experience working with mocap animation preferably in game industry
- Strong creative and technical problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of classic animation principles, body mechanics, acting, posing, and storytelling techniques.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively
- Team player with a proactive approach,
- Already residing in one of the countries (CZ, UK, Spain)
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.