JOB TITLE: Senior Rendering Software Engineer (Unreal Engine, C++)
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, alternatively Brighton
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a seasoned render engineer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to push the boundaries of cutting-edge 3D graphics. Research, develop, implement, and debug high-end and photorealistic graphics techniques applicable to characters and large-scale environments and modern gaming platforms such as PlayStation, Xbox and PC.
What You Will Do:
- Use and deepen your knowledge of Unreal Engine best practices and rendering performance with the artists to optimize the game performance across multiple platforms
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions and best practice to overcome them
- Troubleshoot performance issues as they arise and either find a workaround, or produce a patch resolving it.
- Not only work on troubleshooting, but also produce new features in the engine to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Provide the Technical Director with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks, work with your project stakeholders
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Expertise in C++ and with debugging, profiling and optimizing rendering pipeline in Unreal Engine (preferably UE5)
- Track record in gaming industry demonstrated by one or more shipped AAA game titles
- Expert knowledge of real-time rendering techniques in relation to lighting and visual effects
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects (PC and consoles)
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, breathtaking nature – a few steps away.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.