JOB TITLE: Junior Infrastructure Operations Engineer
LOCATION: Prague, Czech Republic (On-site)
CONTRACT: Fixed Term 3-years
Please send all resumes/CVs in english!!
Have you ever wondered what's really going on behind the curtain that could be messing with your gaming experience? Get ready to unveil the secrets as you join the 2K Technical Infrastructure and Operations team! We're the powerhouse responsible for managing all the mind-boggling production systems and services that lie beneath 2K label. From unraveling the mysteries of datacenters, both on-premise and cloud-based, to ensuring a seamless gaming journey, we've got it covered. Say goodbye to those moments of uncertainty and dive into a world where you'll truly understand what's at play behind the scenes. Join us now, and let's embark on this epic adventure together!
What You Will Do
- You will be part of the frontline team that owns the incident management life-cycle of the infrastructure from monitoring through resolution
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues and events involving 2K’s production applications, systems, clouds, and networks
- Inform interested parties about what’s happening
- Keep everything up and running
- Work closely with other teams to ensure infrastructure is running smoothly
- Maintain documentation and inventory of IT assets
- Lead the troubleshooting process to resolve issues and call for subject matter expert when needed
- Working with a ticketing and documentation system
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
- You will take the initiative when you see a problem
- You're driven to learn new skills and technologies
- You have a solid command presence and are calm and collected in stressful situations, such as a major service outage
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent technical field or similar work experience in a large-scale 24/7 production environment supporting critical, real-time applications
- You have the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with team members, supervisors, and stakeholders to explain situations and coordinate responses
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You are a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure during incident resolution
- Knowledge of working with computers and gaming consoles
- Basic knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Working in a 12-hour shift model (day/night)
- Troubleshooting skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with Linux, Windows server OS, Active Directory
- Familiarity with servers and networks
- Familiarity with monitoring systems
Who We Are:
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you're interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply!
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.