JOB TITLE: Technical Artist (Tools/Profiling)
LOCATION: Brno, Czech Republic or Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Lead Technical Artist
We are looking for a Technical Artist who will be responsible for creating and maintaining Environment Art pipelines, tools, and scripts and has experience using frame profiling tools to analyze the game performance.
Job Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work with art and engineering to understand art requirements and technical limitations.
- Work with dev and tools teams to prioritize and develop and maintain already existing tools / scripts / plugins that streamline art processes, workflows, and pipelines.
- Research and prototype new techniques to improve the efficiency of content production.
- Acquire a deep understanding of engine tools and technology and be able to explain how to work with them to content creators.
- Analyze game performance using profiling tools, identify offenders, and propose solutions while considering visual targets.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
Our ideal Technical Artist has both artistic and technical background that covers many disciplines. We need someone who can convert ideas into functional tools that will make the life of artists better. Our Technical Artist is a clear communicator who promotes ideas about improvements in every aspect of the artist’s life and productivity. Preferably someone with Unreal Engine experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a Technical Art related field.
- At least one released title on the current or previous console generation (gen8, gen9), preferably AAA.
- Strong knowledge of one of the major 3D Modelling package, preferably 3DS Max.
- Experience with a scripting language, preferably Python.
- Understanding of Object-Oriented programming.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of autonomy.
- Experience with Substance Painter, Substance Designer, and Photoshop.
- Experience with Renderdoc, Razor Profiler or Unreal Insights.
- Strong ability to learn new areas of development.
- Ability to work well within a team atmosphere.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
Other Recommended Skills:
- Basic knowledge of C# or other higher programming languages.
- Familiar with Perforce.
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines.
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Arts, Art or a related field preferred.
**In order to be considered for this role, candidates will need to make a short scripting test**
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com, hangar13games.com and 2kczech.com accounts.