JOB TITLE: Lead Gameplay Engineer
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic or Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
Are you ready to be part of the charge in creating the next level of gaming? As the Lead Gameplay Engineer at Hangar 13, you'll work closely with our game design team to build exciting and immersive gameplay mechanics that will captivate players. You'll manage a team of talented engineers and optimize game performance to create an unforgettable gaming experience. This is an opportunity to showcase your creativity, technical expertise on next-generation Unreal Engine, and leadership skills. Join us and be part of the development of the next Mafia title or another internal AAA project.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the development of gameplay systems and algorithms using Unreal Engine 5.
- Collaborate closely with designers to create and implement gameplay mechanics that are fun, engaging, and optimized for performance.
- Work with other engineering teams to integrate gameplay mechanics into the overall game architecture.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize core gameplay systems.
- Proactively drive your team of gameplay engineers to success.
- Be a role model for Regular/Senior engineers and oversee the mentoring process inside the discipline.
- Help hire new team members.
- Work with the production team to ensure gameplay development aligns with project timelines and budgets for a high-quality AAA game.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- A good track record of leading a team of engineers.
- At least one published title in a lead or senior gameplay engineering role.
- Strong C++ and software architecture skills
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Good Unreal Engine knowledge and familiarity with its shortcomings.
- Experience with Animation systems.
- Knowledge of multi-platform technical requirements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, and work without direct supervision.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic’s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.