JOB TITLE: Senior Cinematic Technical Designer
LOCATION: Brno, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Lead Cinematic Editor
Hangar 13 is looking for a Senior Cinematic Technical Designer to join the Cinematics team in Brno. We are looking for someone who will primarily act as the bridge between Engineering and Cinematics to develop industry-leading cinematic and narrative features and tools inside Unreal Engine 5. You will also partner with other departments for a bug-free implementation of the cinematics in the game flow.
What You Will Do:
- Be an advocate for the Cinematics team in interactions with the Engineering department
- Act as a troubleshooter on the Cinematics team’s behalf to ensure a performant and bug-free game
- Help define and enforce best practices and guidelines within the Cinematics department.
- Work alongside the Lead Cinematic Editor and Engineering departments to identify the needs for the cinematic tools
- Prototype new cinematic features and provide guidance to the team on how to use the features
- Work alongside the Technical Writing Team to document all the new features
- Identify and improve workflows to increase iteration time with the Design department
Who We Think Will Be a Good Fit:
- Experience in developing, debugging, and optimizing tools and technology for cinematic and narrative content within Unreal Engine 5 (Sequencer)
- Development experience in multiple game domains (animation, cinematics, narrative, rendering, tools, etc.)
- Knowledge of both visual scripting suites (Blueprints) and text scripting languages (Lua / Python)
- Experience owning technical design on a system/feature in a shipped title
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across multiple locations
- Ability to work autonomously
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.