Fixed Term Contract up to 3 years with potential to extend - PLEASE APPLY WITH A CV WRITTEN IN ENGLISH
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios, responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, problem solvers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come As You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
We’re looking for a Game Security Analyst that can support our games both during development and after release with security relevant topics. This starts from project management working with the game development studios and producers to tailor the game security needs to the requirements and expectations of the teams, to later on supporting them with integrations into the games. Yes, this means you will play all our games long before they are released!
You will also support our Analytics team for our most important franchises by training and tweaking their AI models to detect cheating and fraudulent behaviors, as well as reviewing appeals from players to maintain and ensure model accuracy and reliability.
You will need experience as either an avid gamer, or have worked in the gaming industry before. Product knowledge is essential for this role. You should have an intuitive understanding of what in-game actions represent highly skilled play vs. cheating, fraud, griefing, and any other disruptive behaviors that negatively impact game balance and play experience.
What You Will Do
- Support the day-to-day operations of our game security program.
- Provide hypercare during the launch window of each title with leak-monitoring and mitigation work, including submitting takedowns of leaked or unwanted content.
- Acquire and test cheats, cheat tools and exploits.
- Contribute towards the development of new queries & models to detect cheating patterns.
- Create reports and metrics to socialize cheating, fraud, and disruptive behavior trends within the 2K family of studios.
- Prepare detailed reports related to investigations and intelligence analysis.
- Work with the game security engineers to finetune our protection tooling and share ideas for future security features to better combat cheating and fraud.
- Coordinate security tasks between several internal teams as well as 3rd-party vendors.
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- You love gaming and gaming culture. You have an intuitive feel for the difference between highly skilled players and cheaters.
- Familiarity with gaming on multiple platforms including PC, consoles, and mobile.
- Ability to absorb extremely technical information in limited timeframes.
- Knowledge of requirements for AI-based data analysis.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing (English).
- You are proactive, passionate and desire to start in a multicultural environment.
- You have a high analytical and problem-solving capacity.
Pluses (Not Required):
- Scripting ability in any language, especially Python.
- Strong technical background in any of the following: reverse engineering, threat intelligence, cheat development.
- Experience with data visualization, e.g. Tableau, Qlix, etc.
- Foreign language skills, especially Chinese.
We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do, so we offer equal opportunities to all candidates.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, they will only use 2K.com accounts.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.