JOB TITLE: Principal Gameplay Engineer
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic or Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
Hangar 13 is looking for a Principal Gameplay Engineer to become a key member of a small team designing and implementing core gameplay systems for Unreal Engine tittle.
What You Will Do:
- Design and implement core gameplay systems
- Drive the team using Unreal Engine best practices
- Provide the Technical Director with feedback regarding chosen approaches and solutions, discuss risks and mitigations
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of artists, designers, animators, and engineers to design, prototype, and implement new gameplay features
- Generate system documentation and test cases for assigned systems
- Collaborate with the QA staff to identify and fix bugs in a timely manner
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Help mentor and support more junior members of the team
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 6+ years of programming experience in a creative environment
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles in Unreal Engine
- Experience developing for game consoles
- Excellent communication skills with an interest in collaborating with other non-technical fields
- Experience with Unreal Engine animation and online systems
- Expertise in C / C++
- Knowledge of profiling and optimizing CPU and memory usage for real-time gameplay systems
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com, hangar13games.com and 2kczech.com accounts.