JOB TITLE: Technical Writer
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Senior Producer
We are looking for a talented technical writer to help create and build a modern documentation infrastructure.
What You Will Do:
Create resources that don’t just document what the product does but accelerate a user from novice to power user. The Technical Writer will consult with engineering and technical staff to prepare technical and end user documentation for our internal proprietary technology.
- Become a subject matter expert of our proprietary technology across a wide variety of disciplines (Engineering, QA, Design, Art) to plan, research, write, and revise documentation. This includes general overviews, tutorials, installation/configuration instructions, training class materials, tooltips, etc.
- Learn complex concepts and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by non-technical users.
- Write software documentation from technical specifications, discussions with developers, and hands-on experimentation.
- Build and maintain client aids that go beyond traditional documentation such as videos, demos, guided tours, and other educational techniques.
- Manage an entire documentation platform regarding its structure, page design, and templates to ensure a consistent "look and feel".
- Verify both the product and its documentation for accuracy and consistency.
- Provide assistance to other content creators responsible for documentation.
- Write documentation and create learning materials for other non-technical departments (onboarding process, outsourcing management).
Who We Think Will Be a Good Fit:
Our candidate should be motivated and passionate and thrive in a rapidly evolving technology environment. They should have strong writing skills and the ability to synthesize technical content that clearly explains the topic/task to end users, making complex ideas understandable.
- 2+ years of technical writing or like experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication and experience working with content in multiple mediums. English language proficiency is essential.
- Strong experience owning an end-to-end documentation creation process.
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tools (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello…)
- Experience with any game editor software like Unreal Engine, Unity, any proprietary engines, etc.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, including willingness and ability to consult with subject matter experts from all gaming disciplines.
- Experience in presenting technical information in a live setting, such as classroom training, presentations, or video conference.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Confluence/Jira.
- Knowledge of game development, tools, and workflows.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com, hangar13games.com and 2kczech.com accounts.