Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
Global Services, 2K's premier in-house central resource agency, is seeking a Technical Art Manager to build and lead a dynamic team of Technical Artists to support our portfolio of AAA games. You will be responsible for ensuring project quality and the well-being of team members as they work across our entire portfolio, providing high quality tools, technology, and processes, in support of top-tier developers. This role is pivotal in developing the next generation of game content-creation services.
What You Will Do
- Build a world-class Technical Art team of Riggers, Material Designers, Tools Scripters, Simulation Experts, and more.
- Build and maintain multi-project production schedules, staff development plans, and department growth opportunities.
- Connect with development partners to understand technical art needs and define opportunities to evolve the team's craft.
- Provide constructive feedback to team members and guide their career development and progression.
- Create an inclusive environment and thriving team culture.
- Maintain a comprehensive view of team budget and staff allocations.
- Develop standards and metrics for budgeting and supervising technical art tasks.
- Champion the development of standardized tools and pipelines to benefit all studios and games.
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- 5+ years project management experience and 5+ years team leadership experience.
- Excellent at cultivating positive working relationships with internal partners and development teams.
- Proven experience in video games, film, or television.
- Comprehensive understanding of the technical art landscape within game development.
- Demonstrable solutions-based approach to sophisticated challenges across teams and disciplines.
- Experience in project management methodologies, such as Waterfall and Agile.
- Familiar with project management tools, such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.