JOB TITLE: Lead Software Engineer (Release Team)
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic or Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
We are looking for a Lead Engineer to drive Release team and manage and mentor engineers, have a passion and curiosity towards debugging and problem solving.
What You Will Do:
- Manage a team of engineers that handles both internal (Proprietary engine and tools) and external (shipping games and handling live updates) releases.
- Mentor engineers and help them improve their programming, debugging, communication and cooperation skills.
- Coordinate and maintain merges in Perforce.
- Work closely with QA, engineering teams and content creators to debug and fix found issues.
- Suggest and implement improvements in our proprietary software technology and pipelines to smooth the release processes.
- Provide the Technical director with feedback regarding the team.
- Collaborate with engineering and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions.
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements.
- Gain familiarity with a wide range of our code base.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+years of programming experience on commercial software projects
- Experience in leadership topics and coaching individuals
- Ability to quickly and effectively understand and work with other Engineers’ code
- Experience developing for games
- At least one shipped AAA game
- Experience with Version control systems, especially Perforce
- Experience with multi-processor programming
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Expertise in C / C++
- Strong 3D math skills
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
- Good communication skills
Nice To Have:
- Experience with QA collaboration and products testing and releasing processes.
- Experience crawling through Perforce revision graphs
- Experience developing for game consoles (Xbox One/Series X and PS4/5)
- Familiarity with the C#/.NET/WPF, DevExpress knowledge
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.